Feel the romance and charm of Svalbard with your loved one with our Romantic Package deal!
Romantic Package Deal PLUS
Looking for the perfect escape with your loved one? Look no further! Our Romantic Package in Svalbard offers you the chance to create lasting memories in one of the world’s most breathtaking and unique destinations. With three unforgettable nights and two unforgettable activities, your romantic adventure awaits.
This Package deal includes:
- 3 nights in a double/twin room, prepared with swan towels and rose petals
- A bottle of Red wine and chocolates
- Breakfast every day
PLUS discounts on included activities:
- Dogsledding to the big ice cave, with Grendog Svalbard – PRICE:
- Hike to Plateau Mountain with Svalbard Wildlife Expeditions PRICE:
3900,- NOK for a twin room for 2 people
Discounted Activities: 7970,- NOK for 2 people
= 11 870,- NOK for 2 people for everything
Travel period: February
Day 1. Arrival
Welcome to the most northerly settlement on Earth! From the moment you set foot at Longyearbyen Airport, you have officially signed up for the most unique and extreme adventure of your life.
For the transport from the airport to the hostel, please take the shuttle bus which waits outside the airport. It will go as soon as all the luggage is delivered. The bus costs 100,- NOK per person, one way. Gjestehuset 102 is the last stop. Consider buying a two-way ticket as this is more favorable.
Upon arriving at the hostel, expect to be greeted with a warm hello at the reception. After settling in you have the rest of the day to spend exploring the frozen surroundings or relaxing in our lounge area.
Ideas on how to spend the rest of your day:
* visit the Svalbard Museum
* visit the town, explore shops and restaurants. A map of Longyearbyen is available for use, take one at the reception for free.
* Look for short, last-minute activities in our Activity Calendar
* or just relax, get a coffee or tea in our coffee room, and entertain yourselves in our TV rooms
The Polar Bear sign in Adventdalen. Photo by Eirik Lillehugo
(Activities in this package can be interchangable, depending on the availaibility of the trip)
2. Dogsledding top the big ice cave, 09:00 or 10:00, 6-7 hours
Dogsledding top the big ice cave
You will be collected from the hotel entrance and driven to the Green Dog dog yard which is located approximately 12km from Longyearbyen. Once there you will be supplied with outer clothes for the tour and given an introduction to dogsledding. Each sled will take two guests, and you will have the opportunity to enjoy the ride as a passenger and try mushing for yourself. You run with 5-6 huskies , but the leading sled with the guide and two guests, will run a 12 team. It is around 10 kilometres of sledding to the ice cave and when approaching the glacier, you may have to help the dogs,since the icecave is located at a height of 400 metres.The group will stop at the beautiful ice cave hidden inside the Scott Turner glacier, and explore the cave while the dogs rest.
During the summer the ice cave is a bubbling meltwater river, and you will be able to see how the water has cut a path through the ancient ice, leaving beautiful formations in the walls and roof. After we’ve visited the ice cave, we will enjoy a light lunch and a hot drink in Our tent. The group will then return to their well-rested dogs, who will now be eager to head downhill, through Bolterdalen and back home to the dog yard, where we will meet the youngest puppies.
3. Getting back, rest, and coffee/tea/hot chocolate at Gjestehuset 102
4. Free Time. Check our Activity Calendar for some other activities you can do in the afternoon! What about a 2-hour sightseeing trip on a bus that starts at 16:00? This trip introduces you to the interesting history of Longyearbyen and will take you to the most interesting parts of our town.
2. Hike to Pleatuu Mountain, 10:00 or 17:00, 4 hours
Hike to Plateau Mountain with a a panoramic view
Join us for a trip up Platåfjellet (424msl), with a great view of Longyearbyen. The tour starts at the cableway central at the foot of Platåfjellet.
We go up to the cairn and, if conditions permit, we continue a short distance further onto the plateau.
2. Free time
3. Check out at 11:00
To those who are checking out, you are welcome to enjoy our common rooms and lounge area whilst waiting for your shuttle bus to arrive. The bus usually arrives 2 hours before the departure. Please ask the reception for the timetable.
•22 days prior to arrival give a full refund
•8-21 days prior to arrival gives 50% refund
•0-7 days prior to departure gives no refund
Accommodation in a shared double room. Single room supplement = 1050NOK additional for all 3 nights
*As an additional option, we can prolong your stay with us and book more activities. Just let us know.
- Customers get 5% off for other activities organized by Svalbard Adventures and Greendog Svalbard.
- Customers get 5% off from Arctica AS, the leading clothing and equipment shop in Longyearbyen, located at Lompen Center.