Our Rooms and Facilities
Gjestehuset 102 is a great spot to start your adventure for trips both summer and winter. We are surrounded by glaciers, mountains, coal mines, fjords and wildlife! A lucky guest may spot polar foxes and reindeer just by looking out the window. Get speechless during the dark season, when you can experience the starry skies, or see the Northern Lights dancing towards the south- a beautiful phenomenon we can see both day and night here in Longyearbyen.
In summer you can fully enjoy our endless days thanks to the midnight sun shining 24/7 from Mid-April till the end of August.
Reasons of Booking with us directly.
We know that there are lots of other ways to book your stay with us, but nothing beats a direct booking! Here’s why:
- No pre-payment needed! – For standard invidual bookings, we charge your card 30 days prior to your arrival.
- Get 5% off on some activities on Svalbard! – Yes, that’s correct. When you book your room with us directly, either via our website or e-mail, you can enjoy a 5% discount on some of the activities displayed on the Activity Calendar. This includes activities with our preferred partners, Svalbard Wildlife Expeditions, Polar Charter, and Svalbard Adventures! Just e-mail us with the booking activity information.
- Live Customer Service – when you contact us, you know you are talking to someone directly at Gjestehuset102. Call us anytime at +47 900 30 321 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Most Accurate Information – we at Gjestehuset102 update everything on our website. So you’ll know real-time information about our amenities, and activities as well!
- Lowest Rates – lots of online travel websites claim that they’ve got the best rates. When you book directly with us, you actually save more!
- Exclusive Offers available ONLY on our website – yes that’s right. We have promotional offers all year round, and these offers can only be availed when you book directly with us. This means more savings!
- Exclusive reduction offers available when booking directly with us – returning guests? or a big group? book your stay directly with us and get discounts. We offer 10% to returning guests and up to 20% to large groups!
- You are supporting the actual business! – we encourage you to book directly with us. When you book with us directly, you are supporting the actual business. Accommodation sites, like ours, pay commissions to 3rd-party booking channels.
Single Room with Shared Bathroom
A bed in a cozy little room will let you sleep tight during the endless polar night or day.
As 102 was the “millionaires’ mansion” housing the most experienced miners the standard here was higher and each room had its very own washbasin. This has not changed at 102 – you will also find there is space for storage and a desk should you wish to do some work. WiFi, a rich buffet breakfast, and bed linen and towels are included in the price.
Twin/Double Room with Shared Bathroom
We have two types of bed set-ups in our two-person rooms. The traditional twin beds from when Gjestehuset 102 was the miner’s “millionaires’ mansion”: solid wooden constructions that convert easily to sofas or 2 single beds of 90cm that can be joined if requested. Also in our twins, we have kept the washbasins installed at the time 102 was the high standard home to Longyearbyen’s miners.
WiFi, our rich buffet breakfast, and bed linen and towels are included in the price.
A bed in a 4-people Mixed Dormitory Room
A bed in a dormitory will allow you to make friends very easily. There are washbasin and storage options. Wifi, a rich buffet breakfast, bed linen, and towels are included.