Autumn Offer: Wildlife
As summer steps aside and autumn graces the lands of Svalbard, a thrilling transformation begins. Nature’s spotlight shines on the wildlife that calls this Arctic home. Amidst the changing colors and crisp air, Svalbard’s animal residents prepare for winter’s arrival. Join us as we delve into the heart of Svalbard’s autumn, a time when the wild inhabitants steal the show, offering an awe-inspiring display of nature in action.
This Autumn Offer includes:
• 4 nights in a double/twin room
• Breakfast included every day
Discounts on included activities:
• Fjord Safari to Billefjorden, with a view over Pyramiden and Nordenskiold Glacier with Svalbard Adventures – PRICE:
2690 NOK 2425 NOK
• Dogsledding on Wheels with Greendog Svalbard – PRICE:
1390 NOK 1260 NOK
• Captain’s Favourites, a boat trip to explore Isjorden PRICE:
1895 NOK 1800 NOK
4520,- NOK for a twin room for 2 people
Discounted Activities: 5485 NOK
= 7745 NOK for one person in a twin room
Travel period: September and October
Day 1. Arrival
Welcome to the most northerly settlement on Earth! From the moment you set foot at Longyearbyen Airport, you have officially signed up for the most unique and extreme adventure of your life.
For the transport from the airport to the hostel, please take the shuttle bus which waits outside the airport. It will go as soon as all the luggage is delivered. The bus costs 100,- NOK per person, one way. Gjestehuset 102 is the last stop. Consider buying a two-way ticket as this is more favorable.
Upon arriving at the hostel, expect to be greeted with a warm hello at the reception. After settling in you have the rest of the day to spend exploring the frozen surroundings or relaxing in our lounge area.
Ideas on how to spend the rest of your day:
* visit the Svalbard Museum
* visit the town, explore shops and restaurants. A map of Longyearbyen is available for use, take one at the reception for free.
* Look for short, last-minute activities in our Activity Calendar
* or just relax, get a coffee or tea in our coffee room, and entertain yourselves in our TV rooms
The Polar Bear sign in Adventdalen. Photo by Eirik Lillehugo
(Activities in this package can be interchangable, depending on the availaibility of the trip)
A polar bear by the Nordenskiold Glacier
2. Fjord Safari to Billefjorden, 7 hours, 09:00
Fjord Safari towards Pyramiden and Nordenskiöld Glacier
Join us on the beautiful Isfjord and encounter raw nature, combined with a piece of Svalbard history. We sail towards Pyramiden and Nordenskiöldbreen, and on the way we will visit unique nesting areas for seabirds.
Boat trip and the summer’s bustling wildlife
We sail from Longyearbyen in our comfortable Stormforce boat and the goal for the day is the Nordenskiöld glacier in Billefjorden. The summer in Svalbard offers a bustling wildlife, both on land and at sea. The bird life is rich at this time of the year, and often the birds are gathered on steep cliffs around Diabasodden which is our first stop on the trip. Of the most common species, we find king eider, arctic guillemots, puffins, various gulls, and the little auk, to name a few. Also keep your eyes up for seals, whales, and walruses.
3. Getting back, rest, and coffee/tea/hot chocolate at Gjestehuset 102
4. Free Time. Check our Activity Calendar for some other activities you can do in the afternoon! What about a 2-hour sightseeing trip on a bus that starts at 16:00? This trip introduces you to the interesting history of Longyearbyen and will take you to the most interesting parts of our town.
2. Dogsledding, 09:00 or 15:00, 4 hours
Dogsledding on Wheels
Our guide will help you harness the dogs and drive in front of you with his own team and two guests.These guests also gets to stear the cart if they wish to.
On this trip all guests drives a cart in pairs of 3, with 6-7 huskies in front.
The trip goes through beautiful Adventdalen towards Endalen, which offers unique arctic scenery and often lots of reindeer!
After the tour, we go to the main kennel and enjoy a hot drink and maybe a brandy in our heated log cabin. Your guide will also show you our youngest generation of Green Dog puppies
Dogsledding on wheels with Greendog Svalbard
2. Free time during the morning
3. Boat Trip to explore the fjords, 14:45, 4 hours
Welcome to a unique boat tour experience aboard MS Bard. On this trip you get to experience the very best of Svalbard’s spectacular coastal landscapes. The captain sets the course according to today’s wind and weather conditions – no two trips are the same!
The excitement grows as we approach the harbour in Longyearbyen. The trip ahead of us has no fixed route or destination; We sail where the conditions are most favourable, based on weather conditions, waves, and recent observations of wildlife. In other words, the goal of the trip is to capture the best experiences the day has to offer.
2. Free time
3. Check out at 11:00
To those who are checking out, you are welcome to enjoy our common rooms and lounge area whilst waiting for your shuttle bus to arrive. The bus usually arrives 2 hours before the departure. Please ask the reception for the timetable.
Dogsledding on wheels with Greendog Svalbard
•22 days prior to arrival give a full refund
•8-21 days prior to arrival gives 50% refund
•0-7 days prior to departure gives no refund
*As an additional option, we can prolong your stay with us and book more activities. Just let us know.
- Customers get 5% off for other activities organized by Svalbard Wildlife Expeditions.
- Customers get 5% off from Arctica AS, the leading clothing and equipment shop in Longyearbyen, located at Lompen Center.