Half day dog sledding trip in Bolterdalen
with Greendog Svalbard
This dogsledgetrip goes through beautiful Bolterdalen, which offers unique arctic scenery and good chances of observing artic wildlife, such as reindeer and ptarmigan
ABOUT THE TRIP
Your guide will pick you up at your hotel and by car take you through beautiful Advent valley, to our wilderness kennel in Bolterdalen. Here you will change clothes and get a throughout briefing from the guide, before we harness the dogs and set off into the beautiful valley of Bolterdalen.
We are sledding in pairs and in front the guide will be mushing with two guests. We take turns in steering the slsedge, so all who wishes to steer can try it.
We are mushing next to the frozen riverbed, which is surrounded by majestic mountains. When we reach the morrain, the dogs will be excited going up and down hill and the fun will last all the way back to the kennel. Back at the kennel, we will meet the latest generation of puppies and the guide will offer hot drinks, warm waffles & brandy in our heated log cabin.
This is a wonderful trip for all, who wants to experience the beauty of Svalbard on a non-motorized mean of transport. No previous expereince is needed.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Per person||NOK1,790.00 Adults|
|Also available as:|
|Per person||NOK895.00 Children under 13 years|
Difficulty: 3 of 5
Time: 09:00 and 15:00
Minimum participants: 1
Age limit: 8 years
- Transport from and back to your hotel.
- Thermal suit and winter boots.
- Guide with all necessary safety equipment.
- Hot drinks&bisquits in our logcabin after the tour.
- Puppy visit.
- Around 1,5 hour of dog sledding
- Please choose a hotel in the drop down menu, when booking. We only pick up from hotels, to avoid delays.
- Note that the guide will start picking up at 8/9/14/15 and therefore he may be a few minutes late.
- No sledding experience needed before this trip.
- We are sledding in pairs, using the guides own dogs.
- The guide will give you a throughout briefing before the tour.
- We end the trip with puppy visit and hot drinks, warm waffles & brandy in our cozy log cabin.
- Our guides are all very professional and passionated in their work with dogs & guests. They are certified and participate yearly in the SGO (Svalbard Guide Course).
- Notice that the hospital in Longyearbyen does not recommend pregnant women to participate in dog sledding.
- This is an activity with living creatures and its not possible to make longer stops for photography.
- Children- from 6 years and up. If younger children – please contact us!
- Children must be in the company of an adult.
- Make sure to wear a warm innerlayer ( fleece or wool).
- We recommend that you bring a waterbottle.
- On all trips, at all times, an experienced and armed guide will be around to protect you from polar bears. At Green Dog safety is our number one priority.
- If cancelled 22 days or more prior to departure 100 % refund
- If cancelled 22-7 days prior to departure 50 % refund
- Cancellation less than 7 days prior to departure is a ”no show” and does not qualify for any refund. You may apply to your insurance company for a refund if you provide a medical certificate.
- If Green Dog Svalbard decides to cancel a trip due to weather conditions or any other reasons, you will receive a full refund!
Dog sledding is a fantastic and also an authentic way to experience the Arctic. This trip will give you a good introduction to basic mushing and you will know the joy of working with sled dogs. The guide will be driving in front with two guests on his dog sled and others will follow, two and two. We all take turns in steering and sitting, but it’s also an option not to steer if you don’t feel like it.