with Svalbard Adventures
Explore the wonders of a wild, untouched and unruly archipelago north of mainland Norway. The landscape in this unique place, where nature dominates and the seasons dictate, is covered by active glaciers and towering mountains.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Also available as:|
|Children under 15 years||NOK1045.00|
Difficulty: 2 of 5 – Suitable for most
Minimum participants: 2 persons
Age limit: 8 years
Rulers of the wind
Coincidences and close-up nature-based experiences await us in the Isfjord, which is an arena for the wildlife in Svalbard. As the warm ocean currents merge with the cold freshwater from the glaciers, a favourable climate is created, which provides nutrition for plants and animals alike.
Surrounded by the sea as a natural pantry, you may become acquainted with the rulers of the wind, including the northern fulmar, black-legged kittiwake and puffin gliding along the water line. We stop near the glacier to try to catch a glimpse of the wildlife on the ice floes and in surrounding area, while enjoying a meal and listening to storytelling from the guide. The Isfjord is full of active and spectacular glaciers. Which glacier we visit varies from day to day. Our guide will evaluate the weather and conditions and choose the destination that will give you the best experience.
Wildlife is never guaranteed, but nevertheless, walruses are often seen in the same places in summer, and in Borebukta they are often observed in water and on land. We don’t go on land on our walrus safari but from the boat we have good opportunities to observe the curious sea mammals.
- Transport to and from the accommodation
- Floating suit, life vest, shoes and googles
- Guide with safety equipment
- Search and rescue insurance
- Lunch, hot drinks and biscuits
- We do not recommend this tour if you are pregnant or have back problems
- The boat may not carry passengers under 14 years of age unless any such passenger is accompanied by an adult. Minimum age on this trip is 10 years.
- We recommend warm clothing to wear under the floating suit such as wool underwear, wool socks, thick sweater and windproof outer clothing
- A small backpack for extra clothing and other items
- Please state any food allergies or other preferences
- For safety reasons, the route may change due to weather, wind and ice conditions
Svalbard has a common grading system so you will find the trip that suits you. Highlighted number is graded for this trip:
1 – Suitable for all
2 – Suitable for most
3 – Average physical fitness
4 – Above average physical fitness
5 – Demands exceptional physical fitness