Summer ATV Safari
with Svalbard Adventures
We dress warmly and drive our ATVs into Svalbard’s summer landscape, where deep valleys and high mountains are home to the Svalbard reindeer and polar fox.
We drive our Can-Am Outlander ATVs from Longyearbyen and into Advent Valley, making several stops along the way at historical sites where our guides will share their knowledge and personal insights about the nature, coal mines and culture.
Even though we are so far north, the rich fauna here means that wildlife sightings are also possible. It is not uncommon to see the Svalbard reindeer grazing on the tundra and in the summer months there is a rich and unique bird life.
We pass Longyearbyen’s old airport and visit our good friends in the dog yard of Svalbard Husky. There are many eager dogs waiting for our full attention. Maybe we meet Obelix, Nansen, Gandhi and Chaplin. The puppy litters are often named after films, books or series. We take a break here and serve coffee, tea, hot toddy and biscuits before we are heading back to Longyearbyen.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Per person||NOK1,690.00 driver|
|Per person||NOK1,290.00 passenger|
- Transport to and from the accommodation
- Winter suit, boots, helmet and googles
- Guide with safety equipment
- Search and rescue insurance
- Hot drinks and biscuits
- We recommend warm clothing to wear under the winter suit such as wool underwear, wool socks, thick sweater and extra mittens
- A small backpack for extra clothing and other items
- For participants driving on this excursion, it is required that you speak and understand English or a Scandinavian language
Svalbard has a common grading system so you will find the trip that suits you. Highlighted number is graded for this trip:
1 – Suitable for all
2 – Suitable for most
3 – Average physical fitness
4 – Above average physical fitness
5 – Demands exceptional physical fitness