Northern Lights Safari by Dog sled
with Greendog Svalbard
The darkness and the snow arrive at about the same time in Svalbard – and the white cover makes the polar night seem less dark. Dancing northern lights, glittering moonlight, and the dark skies contrast to the white snow cover is something you don’t want to miss out on!
ABOUT THE TRIP
After having harnessed the impatient dogs, the guide will lead you into the wilderness of Bolterdalen. The dogs are eager to go out on tour and we are sliding fast on the snow, it’s almost as if we are flying!
Out there in the polar night, we will switch off our headlamps and on a clear sky day, the shapes of the mountains will be very sharp and visible. If we look south, it will be a bit brighter on the horizon. The snow-covered landscape reflects the lights from the moon, the stars, and the northern lights. It is an amazing sight and it gives you a feeling of being in the middle of a fairytale.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Also available as:|
|Children under 13 years old||NOK895.00|
Difficulty: 2 of 5
Time: 09:00 and 15:00
Minimum participants: 1
Age limit: 6 years
- Transport from and back to your hotel.
- Thermal suit and winter boots.
- Guide with all necessary safety equipment.
- Hot drinks & bisquits in our cabin after the tour.
- Puppy visit.
- If younger children then 6 years, please contact us.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Our guides are all very professional and passionated in their work with the dogs. They are certified and participate in the yearly SGO (Svalbard Guide Course).
- On all trips, at all times an experienced and armed guide will be around to protect you from polar bears. At Green Dog safety is our number one priority.
- If cancelled 22 days or more prior to departure 100 % refund
- If cancelled 22-7 days prior to departure 50 % refund
- Cancellation less than 7 days prior to departure is a ”no show” and does not qualify for any refund. You may apply to your insurance company for a refund if you provide a medical certificate.
- If Green Dog Svalbard decides to cancel a trip due to weather conditions or any other reasons, you will receive a full refund!
Dog sledding is a fantastic and also an authentic way to experience the Arctic. This trip will give you a good introduction to basic mushing and you will know the joy of working with sled dogs. The guide will be driving in front with two guests on his dog sled and others will follow, two and two. We all take turns in steering and sitting, but it’s also an option not to steer if you don’t feel like it.
From 1/11 to 1/12, you can join us twice daily at the tour “Sled dogs in the polar night”.