Boat trip to Barentsburg & Esmark Glacier
with Polar Charter
Onboard MS Polargirl we are crossing Isfjorden to Ymerbukta and the glacier Esmark. Early in the season there will be a lot of wildlife in front of the glacier, ringed seals and bearded seals and who knows maybe the polarbear will visit the area? On our way to Barentsburg lunch is served. In Barentsburg a Russian guide will take us on a little trip and we will have some time of our own available. On our return to Longyearbyen we will pass Grumant and the birdcliff. In total we use 8-10 hours depending if we need to pick up some people out in the area. Remember warm clothing! Welcome on board.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adults||NOK 1,950 per person|
|Children 0 – 5 years||Free|
|Children 6 – 15 years||NOK900.00 per person|
|Senior citizens 65 +||NOK1,750.00 per person|
Transport to/from accommodation/harbour Sightseeing Barentsburg. Warm lunch prepared by the chef. Please notify if you are vegetarian.
Remind warm clothing and gloves! It is not allowed to bring your own alcohol. Transport from hotel/guesthouse starts at 8:30 am or 10 am on saturdays and sundays. Min number of participants is 10. Weather and or ice conditions can make us change the route this is no reason for refund. Refund only when the operator cancels the trip. Please bring your ticket. Don’t forget your camera.
Polar Charter wishes you a pleasant trip.
- Transport to and from the accommodation
- Guide with safety equipment
- Search and rescue insurance
- Warm Lunch
- Guided tour in Barentsburg
- The boat may not carry passengers under 14 years of age unless any such passenger is accompanied by an adult. Minimum age on this trip is 10 years.
- We recommend warm clothing to wear under the floating suit such as wool underwear, wool socks, thick sweater and windproof outer clothing
- A small backpack for extra clothing and other items
- We will not go ashore on this trip
- For safety reasons, the route may change due to weather, wind and ice conditions
Svalbard has a common grading system so you will find the trip that suits you. Highlighted number is graded for this trip:
1 – Suitable for all
2 – Suitable for most
3 – Average physical fitness
4 – Above average physical fitness
5 – Demands exceptional physical fitness